Help the Victims of Floods!

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Hindi hain hum watan hai Hindostan hamara!!

For me being an Hindu is not just a member of a religion or cult. But a descendant of one of the worlds greatest civilization that flourished under and beyond the great Hindu-Kush mountains covering the entire Indian Sub-Continent.

For me my brethren families include all those who are descendant of the same civilization. Today they might be following various religions and belief system, that were either born out from the same sub-continent civilization or following the prophets of distant lands. But what unites us are the similarities in the way we lead our lives, the purity of thoughts that arise in our minds and the feelings we have on each other.

Iqbal said "Hindi hai hum watan hai Hindostan Hamara!" before partition! Though he altered his own saying after partition which is not a pure thought which we(at-least me) will never accept the meaningless alteration! Today we might be divided physically by boundaries created to fulfill the political needs of selfish leaders of the past and present, and Mentally by Hard-line Religious Thoughts, but the feelings know no such boundaries. We too feel the pain that people suffer across the border, though it might not be as intense as the local people but sure more than any other people (especially Americans or Chinese).

We know Pakistan is devastated now and we know the extend of damage and difficulty one has to face in such situations. This is because we too experienced the similar kinds of calamities in Mumbai and in Norther parts of Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh, in which India's finance capital was almost submerged in water and one of the Hindu holy place was almost wiped off with the floods.

From those experiences we know that its not the policies of the state & its government that helped to recover from the destruction. But in fact it was the fighting spirit of the victims and compassion of fellow citizens irrespective of caste, religion, and region which worked miracle to bring back the life to normal in those places in a quick time.

What Pakistan today needs is the same! Spirit of the local people and compassion of its neighbors and well wishers. As I said, our purity of thinking is so similar that the spirit has already begun to flow and has helped most of the victims to recover from shock but its not complete. But what they need now is the Compassion in terms of logistics to keep their spirits high.

Though the reader base for my blog is very small, I'm making a Personal and Humble request to all those who stumble in to this post, to show the much required compassion to our brethren across the border in whatever form possible for one to contribute.

My friends in Pakistan have formulated a NON-PROFIT NGO "Friends Indeed..." which reaches to and helps the Flood Victims. More details on how to contact them and follow their work in the affected areas can be found on their blog named Friends Indeed!

Please visit them, Contact them and Contribute to this Humane Cause!!

My Best wishes and I believe the Wishes of my Readers as well as the Blessings of Mother Nature are with the Friends Indeed team!

My Sincere thanks to THINKING for providing me this Holy opportunity to serve for the cause.

7 comments:

Komal Rizwan said...

Dear Dumberer, I don't have words to thank you on this kind gesture which you have shown for the sake of Humanity.

This is our Planet and we all are residents of this planet. We have to take care of each other for the peace and prosperity of the humanity.

Thank you so much once again and keep backing us!!

And special thanks to Thinking :)

The Dumberer said...

Komal - Wish I could do more. But this is the least I could do as of now. Will try to find out other ways I could contribute more effectively. And no need to thank me for this - Museebat mein apnon ka saat dena hamara Farz banta hai!

Thinking said...

hmm....Dear RBS....

Let me say...THANK YOU !

I understand that you are a good human being and your generousity is boundless.

I must confess that you were the first among those to whom I wrote for help to reply me with a positive response.

Yet...I think what you have already done for this cause has given so much energy and hope to all the Friends Indeed...team....

I am working on the your suggestions and will get back to you as soon as we find our way...

Thanks alot my dear friend...

May Allah bless all of us. Ameen.

The Dumberer said...

@Thinking - Thank you very much for the kind words. The Ideas for a Cause could be great, but true satisfaction comes only through actions.

The write-ups and videos of the actions of the Friends Indeed team posted on their blog gives me Goose bumps.

They are truly Amazing!

Urooj Malik said...

Dumberer, thank you for visiting our blog and for this help and encouragement.

The Dumberer said...

@Urooj - you are welcome :-). hope you are getting as much help you need to help the needy!

Hamid said...

nice to read you thoughts n views.keep it up!

Post a Comment